The time, talent, and the money that our members generously offer allows us:
- to offer support, care, and pastoral relationship to vulnerable, lonely, sick, and struggling people;
- to do a significant amount of outreach both locally and globally;
- to provide rich opportunities for all of our members to grow more deeply in their faith;
- to nurture and develop our relationships with other churches of prayer and service all around the world;
- to care for a historic building that is alive with community ministry, outreach and prayer.
- Just as importantly, the Christian practice of stewardship – choosing to see our gifts as God’s gifts, choosing thoughtfully how to share them generously – leads our members to experience their lives as fuller and more blessed.
Joyful Giving Campaign
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
(2 Corinthians 9:7)
Our annual Joyful Giving campaign is based on the belief that no gift is truly a gift unless it is freely given. God’s gifts to us are given in such a manner. Joyful Giving is recognizing and being grateful for God’s generosity to us and then making our own generous choices accordingly. This campaign gives every member of the church an opportunity to prayerfully determine the gifts they willingly feel they can offer to the church to complete its Ministry.
Narrative Budget: Feeding Hearts, Minds, Bodies and Soul
Our Narrative Budget for the year 2019 is called Feeding Hearts, Minds, Bodies and Soul. In it, you will find details about how your financial gifts made amazing things happen in our church and our community this year; you will see priorities and plans outlined for next year’s ministry; you will be invited to take stock of your own gifts and resources and how God is calling you to be part of caring for and sharing St. George’s for next year and for the future. But ultimately, what you will also find is the stories of real people who have come together in this place now for generations, who know God more fully for being on this journey together, whose lives are enlivened by service and strengthened by prayer, and who have found the incredible blessing of being able to be real, honest, to feel at home, here in this place with these people.
Access these easy links to find out when you are scheduled at St. George’s for which ministries. It takes a lot of people to make our work and worship possible. We appreciate our members carefully going through the dates for their assigned ministries and making sure they are marked on the calendar!