The time, talent, and the money that our members generously offer allows us:
- to offer support, care, and pastoral relationship to vulnerable, lonely, sick, and struggling people;
- to do a significant amount of outreach both locally and globally;
- to provide rich opportunities for all of our members to grow more deeply in their faith;
- to nurture and develop our relationships with other churches of prayer and service all around the world;
- to care for a historic building that is alive with community ministry, outreach and prayer.
- Just as importantly, the Christian practice of stewardship – choosing to see our gifts as God’s gifts, choosing thoughtfully how to share them generously – leads our members to experience their lives as fuller and more blessed.
Joyful Giving Campaign
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
(2 Corinthians 9:7)
Our annual Joyful Giving campaign is based on the belief that no gift is truly a gift unless it is freely given. God’s gifts to us are given in such a manner. Joyful Giving is recognizing and being grateful for God’s generosity to us and then making our own generous choices accordingly. This campaign gives every member of the church an opportunity to prayerfully determine the gifts they willingly feel they can offer to the church to complete its Ministry.
You can participate in our Joyful Giving!
Use these easy worksheets to determine what gift is right for you.
This year’s Joyful Giving theme is A Church for THIS Moment. We look with gratitude at the history of faith that has formed St. George’s into who we are today. We ask how we are called now to be part of the brand new thing taking place in us. We travel heavily because we have been entrusted with the treasure of faith and responsibility for the needs of our neighbours. We travel lightly because we know that all that we have and all that we are is held in the hands of our loving and generous God.
Access these easy links to find out when you are scheduled at St. George’s for which ministries. It takes a lot of people to make our work and worship possible. We appreciate our members carefully going through the dates for their assigned ministries and making sure they are marked on the calendar!