The time, talent, and the money that our members generously offer allows us:
- to offer support, care, and pastoral relationship to vulnerable, lonely, sick, and struggling people;
- to do a significant amount of outreach both locally and globally;
- to provide rich opportunities for all of our members to grow more deeply in their faith;
- to nurture and develop our relationships with other churches of prayer and service all around the world;
- to care for a historic building that is alive with community ministry, outreach and prayer.
- Just as importantly, the Christian practice of stewardship – choosing to see our gifts as God’s gifts, choosing thoughtfully how to share them generously – leads our members to experience their lives as fuller and more blessed.
Joyful Giving Campaign
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
(2 Corinthians 9:7)
Our annual Joyful Giving campaign is based on the belief that no gift is truly a gift unless it is freely given. God’s gifts to us are given in such a manner. Joyful Giving is recognizing and being grateful for God’s generosity to us and then making our own generous choices accordingly. This campaign gives every member of the church an opportunity to prayerfully determine the gifts they willingly feel they can offer to the church to complete its Ministry.
Narrative Budget: Counting Our Blessings
Our Narrative Budget for the year 2021 is called Counting Our Blessings: Giving in a Time of COVID.
We invite you to join with us in what we are learning and how we are growing. This Narrative Budget, Counting our Blessings, gives more detail about the ministry that has taken place in 2020, even in such tumultuous circumstances as this year has brought. It also looks forward with hope to the new directions we discern God is calling us.
We have learned a lot this year: about who we are, what is really important, and how greatly God continues to bless us. By the grace of God, and through the generosity of this whole community, we now look forward.
Access these easy links to find out when you are scheduled at St. George’s for which ministries. It takes a lot of people to make our work and worship possible. We appreciate our members carefully going through the dates for their assigned ministries and making sure they are marked on the calendar!